ACO Marine grease separators are proven solutions for Fat, Oil and Grease (FOG) removal from galley water
ACO Marine grease separators are the perfect solution for marine vessels. Galley water must first pass through a Grease Separator unit before entering any membrane wastewater treatment plant as Fats Oils & Grease (FOG) can have an adverse effect on membrane performance and life expectancy.
Servac are an approved distributor for ACO Marine products
Resistant to high temperatures
Hygienic material stainless steel AISI 316L
Rigid construction to withstand vessel movement and vibration
Resistant to organic solvents
Grease Separator Product Detail Table
How the ACO Marine grease separator process works
The Lipator and Lipatomat Grease Separators are the only units of their kind whose separation efficiency is completely unaffected by vessels movement and vibration. This is because of the unique location of the inlet and outlets. Grease accumulates in the upper cone whilst the sediment drops to the lower cone. The grease remains liquid due to the heating element located in the upper cone.
Clean water passes freely and continuously through the grease separator. Sediment and grease is drained to independent collecting barrels. The barrels are fitted with level sensors which provide indication to the operator when they need to be emptied or replaced with exchange units.
It is possible to integrate the grease and sediment lift pumps and treated water lift station into the system depending on installation requirements aboard the vessel.
- small hydrostatic pressure with no free surface ensures that the separation process is unaffected by vessel movement and vibration
- the ACO patented internal design ensures flow velocity profiles through the separation chamber produce effective separation of grease and sediments even during periods of high demand
- grease and sediment removal is fully automated on the Lipatomat range (manual on the Lipator).
- no operator contact with grease and sediments
- grease and sediment removal occurs without interrupting separator operation. No process down-time
- the separation technology ensures the greases and sediments are highly concentrated, only grease and sediments are disposed of with no surplus water; so often the case in conventional static systems
- effective heating and short residence time within the separation chamber ensures that no grease is deposited on the chamber walls. Internal maintenance and cleaning is therefore reduced to an annual inspection only